By Bridgette Johnson
The Conway Chamber of Commerce will host the 2011 Riverfest Celebration on Saturday, June 25, from 2:30 to 11 p.m. along Conway’s historic riverfront. Riverfest is Conway’s longest running festival and celebrates Independence Day with festivities for the entire family. This year’s event is co-sponsored by Pepsi Bottling Ventures, HTC and The City of Conway.
Riverfest is filled with live entertainment in two stage areas, which feature country and beach music, as well as family entertainment on the Riverfront Park stage. This year’s live entertainment line-up includes Backfire, The Too Tight Band, The Mullets, and The Catalinas on the Miller Motte Technical College Main Event Stage at the Riverfront Park.
Guests can enjoy Conway’s Superstars, Carl’s Father & Son Young Musicians Camp, Dino’s School of Rock, Red White & Bluegrass, and Horry County’s very own Gabbie Rae on the Anderson Brothers Bank Family Stage located on the Peanut Warehouse grounds.
Residents and visitors to the area are encouraged to attend and enjoy the following activities and attractions:
• Artisans Market – Family Area on Peanut Warehouse lawn
• Business Expo – Family Area on Peanut Warehouse lawn
• Golf Cart Parade, 2:30 p.m. – Laurel Street
• Jello Jump, 3 p.m. – Family Area on Peanut Warehouse lawn
• River Raft Race at 4 p.m. – drop off located at Lower River Warehouse
• Boat Parade at 6 p.m. – along Riverfront
• Fireworks Extravaganza at 9:30 p.m.
• Senior Hospitality Area – Riverfront Park, Main Stage Area
• Riverfest Bass Tournament – weigh in at 4:30 p.m. at Horry County Judicial Complex parking area.
• First Annual Parent/Child Bass Tournament – weigh in at Conway Marina at 3:30 p.m.
Children of all ages can enjoy activities in the Family Playground Pavilion, including inflatables, pony rides, games and live entertainment.
All areas with the exception of the peninsula within the Riverfront Park are zoned alcohol free.
More information about the 2011 Riverfest is available by visiting www.conwayscchamber.com/Riverfest or by calling the Conway Chamber office at 248-2273 or 866-566-9336.
Riverfest Tees and Tanks On Sale
The Conway Chamber of Commerce has announced the 2011 Riverfest T-shirts and ladies tank tops have arrived and are now on sale for $10 each at the Conway Chamber of Commerce office, 203 Main St. in downtown Conway.
Pre-order forms are available online and can be faxed into the Chamber office at 843-248-0003 for easy pick up.
More information about Riverfest and t-shirt sales is available by contacting the Conway Chamber office at 843-248-2273.